- Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- One stick of butter/margarine
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- One egg
- Rolling Pin
- A fun icecream cookie cutter!
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- Drop of Almond/Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of half & half
- Wilton Tip #1 or #1.5 for outlining
- Wilton Tip #2 for flooding
Simply combine all ingredients, add extra confectioners sugar for consistency.
A special tip I learned from Sweetopia is to use the "10 second rule", this means that you lift your spoon and let a ribbon of icing fall back into the bowl....count the ribbon of icing and see how long it takes to settle....for the perfect consistency, it should be about 10 seconds.
Another helpful tip I learned from Sweetopia is to cover your royal icing with a damp towel as shown in picture #4 above. This tip will prevent your royal icing from thickening.
In step #7 you'll see that there are some holes...this is when the toothpick comes in handy. Simply take your toothpick and using a circular motion to cover all the holes. After your done this step, "shimmy" the cookie back and forth for a few seconds (keep the cookie on a flat surface while doing this). This will give your royal icing a "smooth" surface as shown in step #8.