What you'll need:
-cake mix (any flavor)
-canola oil, eggs, water(everything required on the back of the cake mix box)
-I chose strawberry cake mix so that my sandwiches would have some color, however if I was to make this recipe again, I would use neon food coloring to get a brighter color….you can also divide the cake mix up into 5 different bowls with 5 different colors.
1. Add the cake box of cake mix into a large mixing bowl
2. Add one cup of water to the cake mix
3. Add 1/3 cup of canola oil to the cake mix
4. Add three eggs to the cake mix and blend the ingredients together.
5. Unlike most cupcake recipes, you will only need 1 tablespoon of cake mix in each cup.
*preheat the oven to 350 degrees while filling the pan
6. Bake for about 10-13 minutes
*I pulled them out at 12 each time
7. Let your cupcake tops cool for about 20 minutes
-when there ready for icing you will simply take two muffin tops and slap on plenty of icing in the middle.
8. There you have it…cupcake sandwiches, they were a big hit!
*check out my DIY: Tj Max inspired cake stand